28 August 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 3/5 from 23 ratings (Write a review)
Technical Development by Cambridge English Online Ltd
This exciting On-screen resource enables children to design and create their own newspaper front page. They are invited to write up three stories from a set of reporters’ notes and quotes, choosing which story to lead with for their particular paper. They will also be asked to think up headlines, choose a photo, add a caption and byline.
- Look at the instructions and identify the task.
- Discuss the newspaper types, looking at their names and their potential readership before choosing your preferred type.
- Explore the style, language choices and photographs which might be used, according to the different type of newspaper.
- Decide how decisions will be made in each group – will there be an Editor or a voting system?
- Discuss ground rules for agreeing on decisions. What happens if others do not agree?