Year 4 – Supporting Children in Maths
- Supports home learning
7 October 2020Add to My Folder
Find out how you can help your Year 4 child to progress in Maths.
Hints and tips
- Challenge your child’s fluency and ability to problem solve with mathematical calculation.
- Challenge, but don’t be tempted to move too far too fast. Children need to master concepts before moving on – this means that they can approach the application from every angle and in every context and can problem solve very effectively using the applications.
- Your child will have a growing number of options and approaches to calculations that they will have encountered at school. Encourage them to share their methods rather than insist they complete calculations a set way that you are used to.
- BBC Bitesize’s Guardians: Defenders of Mathematica and Premier League Primary Stars Maths (select Rising Star) are good games that are suitable for Year 4.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.