Year 3 – Supporting Children in Maths
- 5 Stars
- Supports home learning
7 October 2020Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
Find out how you can help your Year 3 child to progress in Maths.
Hints and tips
- Give any maths you do at home a real context and focus on mental calculations when out and about.
- Challenge, but don’t be tempted to move too far too fast. Children need to master concepts before moving on – this means that they can approach the application from every angle and in every context and can problem solve very effectively using the applications.
- Your child will be familiar with the column method for addition and subtraction, so support them in this method.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.