What’s the story?
28 January 2019Add to My Folder
Original article published 3 June 2008
Follow this day-by-day guide for an enchanting week of spectacular storytelling
Top tips for a sensational storytelling week
- Construct a story tent in the corner of the hall, using sheets and drapes, and fill it with bean bags or cushions. If the weather is warm you could pitch a real tent outside.
- Make a large story chair out of PE stools and drapes. This can be used throughout the week for narrators or children telling stories.
- Set speaking and listening objectives for whole school literacy targets for the week and display them on posters. These could include: ‘We will try hard to make stories interesting for listeners, we will speak clearly and expressively and we will use imaginative and adventurous vocabulary.’
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.