Valentine’s Day crafty activities
25 January 2018Add to My Folder
original article published 4 Feb 2013
The following fun activities using a heart theme have been devised to tie in with Valentine’s Day. Extend the hearts theme by making heart shapes available in craft activities during Valentine’s week. You could also create a heart themed interest table, asking children for contributions of heart shaped objects brought in from home
Queen of Hearts Valentine’s tarts
- Ready-made puff pastry (probably 2 boxes for a whole class)
- Red berries (optional)
- Heart-shaped pastry cutters
- Defrost pastry as per instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 C (gas mark 4)
- Help children roll out the ready-made puff pastry and cut out heart shapes using the cutters
- Using a finger, make a little dimple in the middle of each heart and fill with jam
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes
- Place on a wire rack to cool
- Add a couple of red berries to the top of the jam (optional)
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.