Using seeds in crafts
21 October 2015Add to My Folder
Autumn’s fast approaching, and there’s never a better time to go foraging for interesting natural materials.
In keeping with the season, the following activities all make use of seeds, a great topic to introduce to pre-schoolers
- One large pinecone for each owl
- Cotton wool
- Large adhesive googly eyes
- Craft glue
- Brown felt or similar
- Small piece of yellow or orange felt
- Lolly stick
- Start by pushing your cotton wool in between the pinecone scales to make a nice fluffy body – use lolly sticks to help with the pushing
- Cut a pair of simple wings from brown felt and a little beak from a piece of yellow or orange felt and glue in place
- Fix googly eyes in place Ask children to name their owls and write them a little name label to take home
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.