Toys now and then
3 October 2007Add to My Folder
This interactive resource will support both literacy and history. It provides the opportunity for children to use their own experience of toys to try to construct a timeline. The children will recognise many of the toys, and may notice some similarities to their own toys and games. Once the timeline is complete, the slide show text provides some fascinating background detail.
Key learning outcomes:
- To offer suggestions and take turns;
- To explain views to others;
- To use syntax and context when reading for meaning;
- To tackle unfamiliar words that are not completely decodable;
- To write chronological texts.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.