The Characteristics of Effective Learning Recommended
18 March 2019Add to My Folder
Rated 1/5 from 2 ratings (Write a review)
In the EYFS profile handbook, the three Characteristics of Effective Learning breakdown the ways in which children should be learning from their environment, their experiences and the activities that they do. By the age of five years old it is expected that children should be displaying these characteristics all or most of the time every day.
The three characteristics:
Playing and Exploring – Characteristic 1Playing and Exploring is all about how the child engages in learning. It can be broken down into three further areas:
- Finding out and exploring
- Playing with what they know
- Being willing to ‘have a go’
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month