Student/NQT guide to… School visits
28 May 2008Add to My Folder
Thirty travel-sick children all want the loo, the coach driver has lost his way and one child has forgotten her packed lunch – sound familiar? Help is on its way…
The issue of school visits is very much in vogue at the moment – mainly because of the paranoia over children’s safety outside of school. While this is important, it should not make you (or the children) too scared to ever venture out of school again. School trips are a valuable part of a child’s education, providing experiences that they will remember for the rest of their lives. After all, you can still remember your school trips, can’t you?
What you should pack in YOUR bag
- A spare lunch
- Some extra cash
- A mobile phone
- Contact numbers for the school, the children’s parents – and the Samaritans!
- A copy of your itinerary
- Directions to your venue (optional, but sometimes worth it, particularly if you ever get some of the coach drivers I’ve had…)
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.