Story starters and writing challenges
Add to My Folder
Finding ideas to fuel imaginative, fun writing is not always easy. If your well of creativity has run a little dry, check out these ideas for story starters and writing challenges, guaranteed to inspire your class.
- The tiger jumped out of the picture and padded towards them.
- I turned the handle, opened the door and crept inside.
- The train slowly began to move.
- The cat looked up and said “We have to go!”.
- As I sat down a small green head popped out from behind the bookcase.
- When I looked up from my book, there stood in front of me was the boy from my story.
- The path led deep into the forest.
- When I opened the door, a small bear stood smiling at me.
- I opened the envelope and a small map fell out.
- As I drank my milkshake, I felt a strange tingle in my fingers.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
Published 10 December 2021
You need to be signed in to place a review.