Shape, space and measure
5 May 2016Add to My Folder
Tried and tested ideas corresponding to the EYFS learning objectives as set out under ‘A Unique Child – Mathematics: shape, space and measure’.
These are all designed as ways of integrating maths into everyday activities. All proven to be lots of fun!
- Paper Plate Clock Activities
- Shape Hunt
- Create a Measuring Table
- Drama Games
- Shape Monsters, Aliens and Robots
- Measuring and Weighing Activities
Paper Plate Clock Activities
Learning objective: Uses everyday language related to time.You will need:
- Paper plates
- Split pins
- Number stickers or printed numbers
- Help children fix numbers around their plate to form a clock face, starting with the 12, 3, 6 and 9 – no need to be too fussy though. You could use our “Funky numbers” for this:
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.