Ready-made D&T Week
18 May 2009Add to My Folder
National Design and Technology Week is from 22-26 June. Robert Watts suggests five creative activities to provide a focus for your class…
Monday: Spiral spinning snake
This simple activity creates some interesting and colourful effects.
You will need: card of various colours and sizes; ready-mixed paint; scissors; pencils; paper.
- Trace around a circular object onto a piece of card.
- Find the centre of the circle (by measuring or folding), and make a small hole with a pencil.
- Starting at the centre of the circle, carefully squeeze paint straight from the tube to the edge in a snaking spiral shape (or use a brush if this is too tricky). You can also add a pair of eyes or a pattern.
- Decide whether to use a second colour or to take a monoprint at this stage (see Extension, below).
- Place a pencil through the hole in the centre of the circle, so that the circle becomes a spinning top.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.