Pompeii poem and activities
28 January 2019Add to My Folder
Take your class back time, almost two thousand years ago, and spend one or two days in Pompeii.
A Day in Pompeii (AD79)
Preparing for a Pompeii DayAsk your class to brainstorm some questions about what they would like to find out about life in Pompeii shortly before it was destroyed by the volcano Vesuvius. These questions may include:
- Where is Pompeii?
- What is the weather like in Pompeii?
- When was Pompeii destroyed by the volcano?
- What buildings were in the town?
- What did people live in?
- What did people eat?
- What did people wear?
- What jobs did people do?
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.