Make your own puppets
- 5 Stars
- Supports home learning
18 May 2017Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
Original article published on 6 April 2010
Learn how to make five different types of puppets!
Handcrafted puppets are a valuable resource for storytelling and make a great visual aid for rhymes and songs, as demonstrated by these activity ideas:
1. Finger puppets
You can make two types of finger puppet: a simple version from card or one from felt that involves sewing.
What to do (card puppet)
- Draw the character onto card, colour in and decorate.
- Carefully cut the character out.
- Cut a strip of card to create a loop that fits snugly around the child’s index finger.
- Attach the loop to the back of the character.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.