Garden Wildlife Week – Activities for EYFS
Add to My Folder
- 5 Stars
- Supports home learning
There is an amazing diversity of wildlife to be found in a garden, if we only look for it. Encourage children to search for and investigate garden wildlife and help them learn how treat all creatures with love and respect.
Activities in this article:
- Butterfly puddling stations
- Mini garden wildlife ponds
- Other garden wildlife habitats
- Garden wildlife survey
- Signs, sounds and movements
- Garden wildlife reference books
- Garden wildlife art
Activity 1. Butterfly puddling stations
As well as the sweet nectar they suck from flowers, butterflies take nutrients from muddy puddles! When a butterfly sips water from a puddle, it is called ‘puddling’. Bespoke butterfly puddling stations are quick and easy to make, and they will attract butterflies to your garden as well as helping to meet their nutritional needs.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
Published 1 June 2022
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating
You need to be signed in to place a review.