Boost your confidence
15 August 2019Add to My Folder
Original article published 7 April 2008
Are there times in your setting when conflict among colleagues causes bad feeling? Do you sometimes find it hard to say no? Rona Barbour gives her advice on how to be more confident in the workplace
Think about the kinds of conflicts that happen in your setting – disagreements over ownership, for example, who should do what; disagreements over policy, for example, how things should be done; and general conflicts of personality and style.
The following are common ways that many colleagues try to deal with conflict when it occurs:
- Go into denial and wait and hope that it will go away.
- Change the subject.
- Become emotional, aggressive or abusive.
- Find someone else to blame.
- Make excuses or delegate the situation to someone else.
Scholastic Resource Bank - join today!
- Thousands of resources, activity ideas and games
- Choose either Early Years or Primary resources
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.