Ancient Civilisations teaching notes
29 April 2019Add to My Folder
Focus on the achievements of the earliest civilisations, including Ancient Sumer, The Indus Valley, Ancient Egypt, The Shang Dynasty of Ancient China.
Curriculum linksThe Key Stage 2 History curriculum requires pupils to:
- Develop a chronologically secure knowledge and understanding of world history, establishing clear narratives within and across the periods they study.
- Note connections, contrasts and trends over time and develop the appropriate use of historical terms.
In focusing on the achievements of the earliest civilizations, they should gain an overview of where and when they appeared, and then complete an in-depth study of one of the following: Ancient Sumer, The Indus Valley, Ancient Egypt, The Shang Dynasty of Ancient China.
- To be able to describe the main achievements of some of the earliest civilisations
- To be able to talk about some of the similarities and differences between four ancient civilisations
- To understand that our knowledge about ancient peoples comes from our modern interpretation of archaeological discoveries
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.