People who help us: Happy and healthy
21 February 2017Add to My Folder
Adapted from original article published 6 June 2009
Use these practical activities explore how doctors, dentists and nurses help us to feel better.
Find out about the different ways that a doctor can help us
• Personal, social and emotional development – Self-confidence and self-awareness
• Understanding of the world – People and communities
What you need:
Group size: small groups.
Doctor, doctor activity sheet.
What to do
Invite the children to look carefully at each picture on the activity sheet.
Encourage the children to identify the different pictures and talk about what might have happened to each person to make them visit the doctor.
Talk about the different ways that the doctor has helped each person, for example, one patient has a plaster cast on their leg, another has their hand in a bandage, one person has an their arm in a sling and one patient is wearing an eye patch over their eye.
Invite the children to talk about their experiences of how doctors have helped them or somebody they know. Be sensitive to individual circumstances.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!