Horrid Henry: Hero or Villain?
28 August 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 5 ratings (Write a review)
On-screen resource 2 explores the much-loved character of Horrid Henry, hero of Francesca Simon’s popular storybook series, illustrated by Tony Ross. Horrid Henry is an unusual kind of hero: he is endearing, yet naughty … and always up to something!
The Horrid Henry stories can support work on familiar stories in Year 3, and provide excellent models for the children’s own writing, with their straightforward plot lines and familiar subjects.
Shared teaching and learning
- Have the children read any Horrid Henry books?
- Who is the author? (See our Francesca Simon Author Profile)
- Who is the illustrator? Do the children know other books by him?
Horrid Henry: Hero or villain?
- Read the information text. Answer the questions in the first paragraph.
- Stop when you reach the questions about books read. Look at the list on Francesca Simon’s website How many do the children know?