All about me
6 February 2017Add to My Folder
Rated 4/5 from 2 ratings (Write a review)
Adapted from original article published 11 August 2008
Explore activities focusing on ‘All about me’
Mix and match dressing up
• Communication and language – Listening and attention, Understanding, Speaking
• Personal, social and emotional development – Self-confidence and self-awareness, making relationships
• Expressive arts and design – Being imaginative
Group size: whole class
What you need: A countdown timer or musical song, a dressing-up box, range of day-to-day clothes, role-play props, masks, stuffed-animals and toys, etc.
What to do: Invite 2 or 3 children at a time to fetch 2 things from the selection provided (dressing up box, imaginative play area, day-to-day clothes, etc) in 1 minute, or until the music stops. The remaining children can sit and watch, help count 1-60 seconds or sing along to the musical song.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!