World Kindness Day
7 November 2017Add to My Folder
13 November is World Kindness day – got to be one to mark in your diary. What a lovely idea, having a special day designated to acts of kindness, and, what a great opportunity to work on some health and wellbeing development while providing a range of activities children should find interesting, challenging and fun. The following tried and tested activity ideas, although primarily designed to cover PSHE requirements, can be used to cover many areas of learning, and all make fun activities that children should really enjoy.
Activities in this article:
1. Make a Little Acts of Kindness Washing Line 2. Pick and Mix Box 3. Emoji Biscuits 4. Emotional Wellbeing 5. Mindfulness 6. Heart Cards!
Make a Little Acts of Kindness Washing Line
Begin this group activity by bringing your class together for a brainstorming session.Ask children for their suggestions for small acts of kindness they can easily organise for family, friends and the wider community. Start them off with some suggestions such as:
- Ask parents if it’s ok to phone grandparents for a chat
- Sweep up fallen leaves in the garden
- Give their bedroom a really good tidy
- Sort out some old books/toys/clothes they no longer want and donate to a local charity shop or school fundraising day
- Organise a simple school event such as a Rainbow Day, when children will try to wear as many colours as they can in exchange for a small donation – 50p is enough. All money raised can be either donated to a good cause or used to fund a special school project that will benefit all pupils, such as special PE equipment, new school library books, or wet-play games equipment.
- Make cakes or sandwiches for friends and family
- Smile at everyone you pass
- Give mum/dad/brother/sister a big hug
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month