27 May 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
Get children to say what they see using visual images to help stimulate their literacy and language skills
Five-minute literacy: Ages 7-9
1. Same but different…
Learning objective: to examine objects closely and classify them according to purpose, shape, colour or size.
Some of the most unlikely objects can be the same as each other as well as different. The children should describe what each of the objects listed below look like in turn, and look for the similarities and differences between them:
- the moon, pizza, football, marble, doughnut, the sun.
- helicopter, eagle, glider, daddy longlegs, space rocket, swallow.
- poppy, strawberry, blood, tomato, robin, Father Christmas.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month