Levers and periscopes
15 February 2016Add to My Folder
These investigations into levers and periscopes are a brilliant way to cover light and forces with your class. Not only will they help you cover these statutory curriculum areas from the Y5 and Y6 Programmes of Study, but the investigations are also perfectly suited to the ‘Working Scientifically’ strands of these documents.
During Upper Key Stage 2, the science teaching focus is on providing opportunities to develop a deeper understanding of a range of scientific ideas. Support children to achieve this with activities that involve recording data and results of increasing complexity and presenting them in line graphs – possibly involving decimals. Encourage children to use scientific language correctly, analyse test results to spot patterns, interpret trends and make further predictions.
- 30 cm rulers
- Board rubbers
- Plastic bags
- Levers in action poster
- Investigating levers worksheet
- Investigating levers – National Curriculum references
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month