12 June 2017Add to My Folder
Original article published 26 December 2015
These activities inspired by traditional fairgrounds develop expressive arts skills focussing particularly on music, dance and drama.
The helter skelter
What you need:
- A copy of the Activity sheet featuring the story, ‘The helter skelter’.
- Props for the story
- Paired work for ‘Hall of mirrors’
- Circle of children for ‘Starters’
- Whole class for the story
Areas of learning:
Communication and Language: Speaking – Children use language to imagine and recreate roles and experiences in play situations.
Expressive Arts and Design: Being imaginative – Plays cooperatively as part of a group to develop and act out a narrative.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!