Charles Darwin, Mary Anning and Alfred Wallace
19 November 2014Add to My Folder
Rated 4/5 from 5 ratings (Write a review)
Use three scientists on the 2014 Science curriculum as a starting point to teach about evolution.
The unit on Evolution and Inheritance in the new Year 6 Science Curriculum not only focuses on learning about similarities and differences between offspring and parents; but also requires that children:
- recognise that living things have changed over time and that fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the Earth millions of years ago
- identify how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and that adaptation may lead to evolution
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month