2 March 2012Add to My Folder
Water makes a great topic – everyone uses it, and it’s easy to get your hands on! Explore some fun, hands-on ways of investigating water.
In this article:Key Stage 1
Key stage 1
Does it float?
Children guess which objects will float in water, then check them out – were they right?Each group will need:
- A large bowl of water
- A selection of objects such as a coin, a cork, a leaf, a paper clip, a pebble, nuts in their shells, a metal teaspoon and a plastic teaspoon
- Activity sheet , ‘Does it float?’
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - subscribe today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!