The Thunder Giant
29 February 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings (Write a review)
A great interactive story and poem about The Thunder Giant, based upon the Norse legend of Thor. Simple animated pictures and sound effects, make it accessible to a range of abilities.
This resource includes two audio texts — a story and a poem by the same author, Brenda Williams. The story is about Thor, the god of thunder, and is a retelling of the Norse legend. The narrative is supported by simple animated pictures and sound effects, making it accessible to a range of abilities. The poem gives a more humorous description of a thunder giant.
Shared teaching and learning
- Explain that you are going to listen to a story or a poem about a thunder giant. Ask for words to describe a thunder giant and make predictions about what he could be like.
- After both story and poem have been discussed, compare them.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month