Stay safe in the sun
11 April 2011Add to My Folder
Join in National Sun Awareness Week (3–10 May 2011) with these great activities to get children thinking
In this article:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical Development
- Creative Development
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
‘The sun has got his hat on’
- Prepare some laminated cards depicting happy and sad faces and positive and negative sun facts, for example: ‘The sun keeps us warm’; ‘The sun can burn’.
- Sing the favourite song, ‘The sun has got his hat on’ together.
- Provide the children with a happy and sad face each and ask them to hold up the one that shows how they feel when they sing.
- Read out the sun facts one by one and ask the children to hold up the relevant face to demonstrate whether they are happy or sad facts.
- Talk about what can be done to avoid the sad facts, for example, applying suncream or seeking shade.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month