Saved in time
2 January 2008Add to My Folder
In this play Eileen Jones demonstrates an interesting handling of time. Set in an English house in both modern and Victorian times, the events move from present day to past and back to present again. Children can contrast the lifestyles and relationships of the two families, and compare the more formal language used in the Victorian schoolroom to the informal chat of the modern children and their au pair.
Key learning outcomes:
- To identify how talk varies according to context/purpose/formal or informal occasions;
- To understand how writers use structures to create coherence/impact;
- To appraise a text quickly;
- To reflect on own writing, edit and improve it;
- To experiment with different narrative form/styles.