2 January 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
Play the two online sequencing games to build your grandfather clock then read the information text about four famous clocks
This resource contains examples of different types of non-fiction text: an illustrated explanation entitled The Grandfather Clock, two sets of game instructions – which involve sequencing instructions for building a grandfather clock, and dragging and dropping the parts to assemble an illustrated clock – and an information text about four famous clocks.
Children would benefit from previous experience of: explanations and instructional texts; note-taking; sentence types and tense.
Key learning outcomes:
- To make notes on/use evidence from a text;
- To appraise a text, deciding on its usefulness;
- To compare different information texts and how they are structured;
- To write non-narratives, constructing sentences in varied ways;
- To use punctuation in complex sentences;
- To use ICT programs to present texts.