6 December 2010Add to My Folder
Encourage children to think about healthy hearts with these lively activities!
Activities in this article:
- What shall I do?
- Active hearts
- The Hare and the Tortoise
- Active or restful?
- Puffing and panting
- Musical hearts
- Move like the wind
- I sent a Valentine to my love
1. What shall I do?
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Early learning goal: Dress and undress independently and manage their own personal hygiene.
What to do
- Invite the children to take part in vigorous exercise, without removing jumpers and cardigans, until everyone is out of breath, but not exhausted.
- Ask what the children notice about changes in their bodies, such as faster heart beats, panting, feeling out of breath, having a dry mouth and feeling warm.
- Discuss appropriate things to do when we experience these changes, such as taking off jumpers, having a rest and a drink.
- Try out these things to see what happens when we do them.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month