Sing in the New Year
31 December 2016Add to My Folder
Simple ways to sing your way into the New Year
New Year is always a time for turning over a new leaf, so how about promising that this year you and your children will sing more together? Use familiar tunes with these new words to enrich your children’s learning and development.
Activity songs in this article:
- Twinkle, twinkle
- He’s got the whole world in his hands
- Ten green bottles
- If you’re happy and you know it
- There’s a hole in my bucket
- There was a princess long ago
1. ‘Twinkle, twinkle’
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
You can never have too many songs to help children with everyday routines, like lining up and getting ready. Why not try this one? Sing it with a swing and at a good speed to help things move along.
1 – 2 – 3 – 4;
Time to line up at the door.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month