6 December 2010Add to My Folder
Inspire your children to create some entertaining games to extend their enjoyment of the big top and stimulate their imagination
Activities in this article:
1. Movable harlequin acrobat
You will need
Coloured card, paint, felt pens, brads or split pins, and a wooden stick.
What to do
- Cut out a body, a head with a neck and eight separate sections to make the jointed arms and the legs.
- Paint the body parts and stick on diamond shapes to create a harlequin pattern. Trim off any shapes overlapping the edge of the body parts.
- Using paint, felt pen or collage, add a face and hair.
- Join the pieces together with brads so that the limbs can be moved into different positions.
- Attach the body of the acrobat to a wooden stick.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!