Run a Change4Life community challenge day in your school
27 August 2010Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
Run a ‘Change4Life Community Challenge Day’ in your school, to inspire children and their families to make a commitment to improving their lifestyles
By bringing children and their families together to discuss the importance of a healthy lifestyle, you can spread the message that even small changes made to the daily routine can influence the quality of day-to-day life. It can also teach children from a young age that keeping active and eating well are extremely important issues in everyday life.
The aim of a Change4Life Community Challenge Day is to encourage both children and their families to consider their current routine and offer support to families wishing to improve their lifestyle along with some tips and ideas on how to do so.
- two KS2 lesson plans, one related to healthy surveys , one covering social marketing
- An 8 ways to change4life’ poster to display in your classroom
- a PhunkyFoods ‘Plate of health’ poster showing ideal proportions of different types of foods
- a family pledge sheet for families to sign up to challenges
- a blank event poster to complete and display around school