Harvest festival fun
14 September 2017Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings (Write a review)
original article published 9 August 2010
Discover ways to include this Christian celebration within your setting and build community links
Activities in this article:
- Experience Harvest
- Creating your own ‘Experience Harvest’
- More harvest festival resources online!
Harvest festivals have a long tradition in Christian communities, reminding Christians of all the good things God gives. Traditionally festivals are held on or near the Sunday of the Harvest Moon, the full Moon that occurs closest to the autumn equinox.
In this article we discover how Reverend Ellie Clark worked with local children to create a memorable harvest celebration and how you can recreate a similar experience for your children. The activities, developed from Experience Harvest, will help young children understand different forms of harvest and develop a wider understanding and knowledge of the world, and empathy towards others.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!