British Summer Time
19 March 2010Add to My Folder
This week’s assembly is about British Summer Time and the changing seasons.
Main assembly (Preview)
By Taissa Csáky – education writer
In this assembly…
- Introducing the idea of ‘British Summer Time’
- Suggesting what characterises summer: longer days, warmer drier weather.
- In nature summer is a time when there is plenty to eat, young creatures are born, and life is relatively easy (if it doesn’t get too hot).
- Looking forward to summer brings feelings of hope and anticipation.
- Looking forward to things can be almost as much fun as actually doing them.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - subscribe today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!