15 February 2010Add to My Folder
Rated 4/5 from 1 rating (Write a review)
This week’s assembly looks at the history behind Pancake Day, or Shrove Tuesday, and lends itself to giving thanks for the food we eat, and appreciating how lucky we are to enjoy such a wide range of foods.
Main assembly (Preview)
By Mel Campbell – teacher and writer
In this assembly…
- Key ideas
- Music for assembling
- Main assembly
- Questions to ask the children
- Closing thought or prayer
To talk about the origins of Pancake Day and enjoy a folktale from Germany about pancakes, but also to consider how fortunate we are to be able to enjoy such a wide variety of foods and never go hungry.
Music for assembling
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month