Hosting a French Day
19 April 2016Add to My Folder
Hosting a French day in your setting is a great way to consolidate the vocabulary learnt so far. If you don’t already teach a modern language, it provides a wonderful opportunity to introduce the children in your care to a foreign language and culture.
This sort of immersion technique is proven to have a beneficial effect on language-learning and it’s also loads of fun. Why not get planning – and don’t forget to involve the children in your preparation. That’s a sure-fire way to maximise the impact of your French day.
Preparing for your French day
- Before you start, decide on a topic which relates to France, making sure it will capture the imagination of your group and the language you plan to cover is useful to the preschool child.
- Seasonal themes always work well and provide huge scope for presenting lots of new language. Carnival, (February), Bastille Day, (July), and Paris Fashion Week, (Spring and Autumn), are just a few of our tried-and-tested favourites.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.