Getting ready for change
Add to My Folder
original article published 9 May 2011
Advice for creating a supportive framework for successful transition
In this article:
- The benefits of a smooth transition
- Key questions for practitioners
- Key skills for coping with change
- Planning for individual children
- Supporting the transition
- More online…
As the year speeds past, it is soon time for your older children to move on to the next phase in their education: starting in a Reception class. This is a time of mixed emotions for everyone. The children and their parents will feel both excited and anxious: excited about moving on to new challenges, but also concerned about what will be required of them in ‘big school’. Spare a thought, too, for your own emotional state, and that of your colleagues. When you’ve worked closely with a group of children for a time, saying goodbye is hard for you as well. Make sure you factor in some celebrations – a trip somewhere fun and an end of year party.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
Published 6 May 2018
You need to be signed in to place a review.