Expressive Arts and Design Ideas
14 June 2016Add to My Folder
I have found the following activities to be good ways of encouraging imaginative play – all tried and tested and all designed to cover the ‘Expressive Arts and Design: Being Imaginative’ early learning goal.
- Make a fairy garden
- Paint splat aliens
- Salad-spinner monsters
- Music for imagination
- Make a playdough bakery
Make a fairy garden
A great activity for encouraging imagination. If you don’t have access to a suitable open space, you can make the garden in a container and keep it indoors; both work well.You will need:
- Small boxes and craft bits and pieces
- A few small bedding plants
- Container and soil if making indoors
- Small accessories such as: miniature bird house and a little dish to use as a pond.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month
Already a member? Sign in below.
You need to be signed in to place a review.