Store your resources in your very own folder.

Sign in or sign up today!

Find out more

Childminders’ focus

Add to My Folder

This content has not been rated yet. (Write a review)

By Allison Leechildminder, author and tutor

Allison Lee offers advice on licence fees, dealing with members of the public who touch or stroke minded children, and provides some simple ‘Teddy bears’ picnic’ activities

Expert advice

Licence to play

Some childminders appear to have received letters demanding that they pay a ‘licence fee’ because they show videos or DVDs, or play CDs or cassettes to the children in their childminding setting.

Childminders who work in domestic premises do not require a special licence to show films or play music to children in their care.

However, you do need a television licence and the cost of this can only be claimed as an expense if you can prove that you only use the television set in your childminding work.

Q & A

Log in to your account to read

Don't have an account?

Create your FREE Scholastic account