Mad hatters: North American Indian Headdress
15 December 2008Add to My Folder
In the final article of our series, get those feathers at the ready as you make a North American Indian headdress
To make the North American Indian headdress
You will need: a strip of thin coloured card or cardboard; scissors; sticky tape; coloured feathers; thick cotton thread; bead for decoration.
- Cut out a headband from the card to fit around the child’s head. Secure the ends with sticky tape.
- Let the children choose feathers to decorate the front of their headdress. Attach the feathers inside the headband with sticky tape.
- Cut a length of cotton thread about 20cm long and thread with a decorative bead and feather.
- Loop the thread and fix to the side of the headband, underneath a circle of card.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month