Mad hatters: wizard’s hat
17 November 2008Add to My Folder
Conjure up some quick and easy cross-curricular activities inspired by a homemade wizard’s hat
To make the wizard’s hat
You will need: coloured paper or thin card (A3 in size); scissors; sticky tape; thin elastic; gold foil star and moon shapes; glitter; metallic gel pens.
- Cut out the shape of a wizard’s hat from coloured paper or thin card. Form into a tall cone that will fit comfortably on a child’s head.
- Join the edges of the cone carefully with sticky tape, and secure under the chin with thin elastic.
- Let each child decorate their hat by sticking on gold stars and moons. Draw swirl patterns with gel pens and sprinkle with glitter.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Primary - join today!
- Over 6,000 primary activities, lesson ideas and resources
- Perfect for anyone working with children from 5 to 11 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month