Parents’ guide to the EYFS 5 Stars
11 August 2008Add to My Folder
Rated 5/5 from 2 ratings (Write a review)
Sue Cowley suggests ways to help you explain the new EYFS to parents
For practitioners, getting to grips with the detail of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is just part of the job. Although it is useful for parents to know what you are aiming to achieve, they are unlikely to sit and read Government guidelines for themselves, so it may be a good idea for you to provide information about the EYFS for the parents in your setting. This could include:
- creating a display in the reception area
- writing a short bulletin to send home
- referring to the EYFS when you meet formally or informally with parents
- encouraging parents to add to their children’s profiles, for example, sending a note from home when a child does something new.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month