Read the game
12 June 2017Add to My Folder
Original article published on 7 Jul 2008
Peppa Pig’s Sports Day is an ideal book to share with younger children
Peppa Pig’s Sports Day
There is a running race to see who can run the fastest; a long jump event to find out who can jump the furthest and a relay race which is all about teamwork. Not everyone can win and Peppa and George are not happy about this. ‘It’s not the winning that matters,’ Daddy Pig reminds them, ‘but the taking part.’ However, when the tug of war rope breaks, it’s a draw and everyone’s a winner!
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- There are two shelter tents on Peppa’s sports field. Talk with the children about the need to shelter from too much sun or rain when they are taking part in outdoor activities.
- George was upset that he didn’t jump as far as Richard Rabbit in the long jump competition. Discuss what sorts of things upset the children?
- Daddy Pig told Peppa to ‘Stop talking and run!’ because he wanted her to concentrate. Talk with the children about times when they should not talk because they need to concentrate, such as crossing a road.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month