Rhythm and rhyme
9 June 2008Add to My Folder
This month’s theme for the 2008 National Year of Reading focuses on poetry and lyrics. Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush by Annie Kubler just can’t fail to be a hit with the children
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
This book tells the story of the traditional nursery rhyme with children featured on each page carrying out the actions to the rhyme throughout the day, from ‘This is the way we get out of bed’ to ‘This is the way we say goodnight’.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- ‘This is the way we get to school’. Encourage the children to talk about the different ways that they get to the setting? Do any of them walk? Do they remember to hold an adult’s hand and stop, look and listen before they cross the road?
- ‘This is the way we say goodnight’. Ask the children to tell you which toy they hug when they say goodnight.
- ‘This is the way we munch and crunch’. Talk about eating breakfast on a cold and frosty morning. Make a chart of how many children eat toast, cereals or fresh fruit and discuss the benefits of each.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!