Key strategies for successful transition
10 March 2008Add to My Folder
Educational expert Sue Cowley reveals the six general principles which help children make a smooth transition
The six general principles to help children make a smooth transition, whatever their age or situation are:
- An element of familiarity with the staff and the setting prior to the children starting.
- Transition is viewed as important; time and resources are devoted to it.
- Children have a keyworker – a familiar face, someone to help them settle.
- Parents are involved, engaged and supported throughout.
- A sense of routine.
- Flexibility in dealing different children’s needs.