Mini Olympics at the Teddy Bears Picnic
17 July 2012Add to My Folder
Find out about the Teddy Bears Picnic event and recreate some of the fun Olympics activities.
On Wednesday 13th June, the Greenwich Pre-School Learning Alliance held its annual Teddy Bears Picnic event in Charlton, London. The day was fun from beginning to end, with over twenty pre-school groups taking part, not only bringing their children to join in the fun, but by each supplying a hands-on activity of their own. There was plenty on offer, from dressing up, bouncy castles and messy play, to a mini-Olympics with javelin throwing, gymnastics and posing on the winner’s podium
Mini forest school
Having your own forest school is lovely, but difficult to achieve for most pre-school groups – so have a go at this activity, as brought to the picnic by Riplings preschool.You need:
- A big sand pit like container filled with soil
- Magnifying glasses
- Little spades and forks for digging
- Plastic bugs for hiding in the soil
- Riplings also made a den for children to crawl in and out of
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - join today!
- Over 2,000 EYFS resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access from just £1.25 per month