Learning to lead
7 February 2010Add to My Folder
Many nursery managers have had careers in childcare not management, but business and leadership skills are more important than ever in these challenging times
In this article:
- Nursery managers
- Leadership courses
- Josie’s story
- General management qualifications
- Becoming an inspiring leader
- Julie’s story
- Look local
In the drive to recruit a professional Early Years workforce that is skilled and qualified, nursery managers seem to have been forgotten.
‘With all the focus on graduate-led settings it is only just emerging that staff and business management is an issue’, says Pat Townshend, training manager with the Pre-School Learning Alliance.
One of the biggest problems is funding. It’s usually down to the setting – but often the individual concerned – to pay.
Scholastic Resource Bank: Early Years - subscribe today!
- Over 2,000 early years resources, activity ideas and games
- Perfect for anyone working or playing with children from 0 to 5 years old
- Unlimited access – only £15 per year!